I love simple ideas that are genius. Today’s post is a Throat Scope Review and it’s one of those simple genius ideas. You know, the kind that make you say, “Why didn’t I think of that?” A company from Australia, Throat Scope, reached out to me a few weeks ago and I was instantly interested in their product. Throat Scope is an illuminated tongue depressor. Wait, seriously, why didn’t I think of that?!
They sent me a Throat Scope and set of blades to test out and I am so impressed with this product. The simplified review? It works, reduces the materials I need, and engages kids. It’s a win.
Throat Scope was started by a company in Australia. It was actually featured on Shark Tank Australia. It will be sold in the US soon.
- The unit has a base with a light that shoots into a clear disposable blade.
- The unit costs about $20 and 50 replaceable blades are about $15.
- The battery life is 20 hours
- The blades slip off with just a simple release.
- It looks like a lightsaber and kids (and adults?) LOVE that.
- It provides a view of the soft palate and uvula.
- No more holding a pen light and tongue depressor while trying to position the clients body/face.
My brother was in town and I forced him to let me inspect his oral cavity using the throat scope. I was surprised at the amount of light the Throat Scope puts out. It definitely works!
The disposable blades make it perfect for healthcare.
Read the original post HERE